BHS cross country teams finish 1, 2 at regionals
Not much of a surprise, but the Baldwin High School cross country teams are headed back to the state meet, which is Saturday at the Wamego Country Club.
On Saturday, the Bulldogs competed in the Class 4A regional at Wyandotte County Park, where they've run the past four regional meets. The BHS girls dominated their opponents, taking first, while the boys finished runner-up to De Soto.
The BHS girls scored 29 points to win the meet. De Soto (83) and St. James (92) also qualified their girls' teams. On the boys' side, De Soto won the meet with 42 points. Baldwin (84) and Tonganoxie (91) finished second and third.
Sophomore Katie Jones won the girls' 4-kilometer race. Senior Tosh Mihesuah was the top runner for the BHS boys' team.
There will be a full story on the meet, with photos, in Thursday's Signal.
More like this story
- Baldwin City to pick 3 council members, 4 board members in Tuesday's election
- Kansas' broad marijuana bill attracts bulk of GOP votes
- Christie wins another term, three new members elected to Baldwin City Council
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues