Leavenworth National Cemetery to be site of annual Memorial Day ceremony
Fort Leavenworth will play host to its annual Memorial Day ceremony at 11:40 a.m. Monday, May 30, at the Fort Leavenworth National Cemetery, 150 Muncie Road, Leavenworth.
Parking on Fort Leavenworth is available at the Frontier Conference Center, which is across the street from the cemetery. Visitors should enter Grant Gate, at the Seventh Street and Metropolitan Avenue intersection, in the far fight lane. All persons 16 and older should have a government issued ID card, such as a driver’s license, available.
Due to security requirements, expect some delays entering the fort.
In case of inclement weather, the ceremony will be conducted at the Frontier Conference Center, instead.
For more information, contact Rebecca Steed at (913) 684-1723.
More like this story
- ATV crash kills 9-year-old Kansas boy, injures 2 others
- Topeka woman killed when bicycle hit by truck
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Baldwin City woman in critical condition after morning U.S. 59 crash
- Truck crashes into dugout at Kansas baseball field