One lane of U.S. 56 now open east of Baldwin City
One lane of U.S. Highway 56 east of Baldwin City has reopened after power lines fell on the road during a thunderstorm Wednesday night.
The report came from the Kansas Department of Transportation via Twitter Thursday morning.
The highway was closed in both directions from County Road 1061 to Kansas Highway 33 for about 12 hours. During the closure, traffic was being routed through Wellsville.
KDOT estimates all lanes from Baldwin City to the Johnson County line will reopen Thursday afternoon.
More like this story
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- Douglas County delegation to travel to San Antonio to look at ways to reduce jail time for mentally ill
- Basehor ‘gaining traction’ in push for EMS expansion
- Legislative actions, inactions cause concern in Baldwin City
- Douglas County to have townhall meeting on jail expansion