One lane of U.S. 56 now open east of Baldwin City
One lane of U.S. Highway 56 east of Baldwin City has reopened after power lines fell on the road during a thunderstorm Wednesday night.
The report came from the Kansas Department of Transportation via Twitter Thursday morning.
The highway was closed in both directions from County Road 1061 to Kansas Highway 33 for about 12 hours. During the closure, traffic was being routed through Wellsville.
KDOT estimates all lanes from Baldwin City to the Johnson County line will reopen Thursday afternoon.
More like this story
- Douglas County commissioners reach consensus on 2016 budget; property taxes to remain constant
- Douglas County commissioners to be briefed on heritage grant program
- Eudora seeks county funding for paramedics, ambulance; sheriff requests funds for corrections
- Army to resume cleanup at former Sunflower ammunition plant
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund