One lane of U.S. 56 now open east of Baldwin City
One lane of U.S. Highway 56 east of Baldwin City has reopened after power lines fell on the road during a thunderstorm Wednesday night.
The report came from the Kansas Department of Transportation via Twitter Thursday morning.
The highway was closed in both directions from County Road 1061 to Kansas Highway 33 for about 12 hours. During the closure, traffic was being routed through Wellsville.
KDOT estimates all lanes from Baldwin City to the Johnson County line will reopen Thursday afternoon.
More like this story
- Douglas County will create a public building commission
- Severe Weather Awareness Week approaches; Douglas County prepares
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Baldwin board asks for spending cuts to help cover slash in state funding
- Popular downtown venue newest Baldwin City park