Spring Hill woman injured in accident north of Wellsville on U.S. Highway 56
A 23-year-old Spring Hill woman was taken to an Olathe hospital Thursday evening after a two-vehicle accident east of Baldwin City on U.S. Highway 56.
According to a Kansas Highway Patrol report, the crash happened at 7 p.m. when the driver of a 1994 Buick car tried to make a U-turn on U.S. Highway 56 at its intersection with Kansas Highway 33, which is about three miles north of Wellsville.
The Buick, driven by 18-year-old Richard Hargett of Wellsville, turned in front of a 2004 Saturn Ion, driven by 23-year-old Amber Nicole Bates. Bates’ car then struck the Buick.
Bates was taken to Olathe Medical Center, and Hargett was listed as injured but declined to be taken to the hospital. Both drivers wore their seat belts, according to the report.
More like this story
- Palmyra Township board OK with Baldwin City annexation of shop, yard
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- Work to resume July 6 on CR 1055 north of Baldwin City
- Officials say work on Baldwin City entrances to be finished in time for Maple Leaf Festival
- 2 injured after car explodes on Kansas expressway