Spring Hill woman injured in accident north of Wellsville on U.S. Highway 56
A 23-year-old Spring Hill woman was taken to an Olathe hospital Thursday evening after a two-vehicle accident east of Baldwin City on U.S. Highway 56.
According to a Kansas Highway Patrol report, the crash happened at 7 p.m. when the driver of a 1994 Buick car tried to make a U-turn on U.S. Highway 56 at its intersection with Kansas Highway 33, which is about three miles north of Wellsville.
The Buick, driven by 18-year-old Richard Hargett of Wellsville, turned in front of a 2004 Saturn Ion, driven by 23-year-old Amber Nicole Bates. Bates’ car then struck the Buick.
Bates was taken to Olathe Medical Center, and Hargett was listed as injured but declined to be taken to the hospital. Both drivers wore their seat belts, according to the report.
More like this story
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- Baldwin City, township firefighters battle prop blazes
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Construction to close CR 1055 on March 23 north of Baldwin City
- Douglas County will create a public building commission