Volunteers needed to help clean Black Jack Battlefield for Park Day
Volunteers are needed Saturday, April 2, to help clean historic Black Jack Battlefield as part of Park Day, a national effort to clean Civil War battlefields.
This is the third year that volunteers will help clean Black Jack Battlefield and Nature Park, 163 E. 2000 Road, Wellsville. Workers will receive T-shirts and hear a local historian speak about the importance of Black Jack Battlefield.
Volunteers should wear sturdy clothes and bring gloves and water. They will pick up trash, gather branches and sticks and ready the park for its tourist season starting at 9 a.m. that day. Rain will not delay park cleanup.
For more information about the volunteer opportunity, contact Carol von Tersch at 785-883-2106 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- Wellsville man accused of attacking, robbing man at Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Wellsville man charged for alleged actions in Wednesday Douglas County State Lake incident
- Wyandotte County deputy shot during robbery
- Police: 2 men arrested for pretending to be crash victims
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest