Volunteers needed to help clean Black Jack Battlefield for Park Day
Volunteers are needed Saturday, April 2, to help clean historic Black Jack Battlefield as part of Park Day, a national effort to clean Civil War battlefields.
This is the third year that volunteers will help clean Black Jack Battlefield and Nature Park, 163 E. 2000 Road, Wellsville. Workers will receive T-shirts and hear a local historian speak about the importance of Black Jack Battlefield.
Volunteers should wear sturdy clothes and bring gloves and water. They will pick up trash, gather branches and sticks and ready the park for its tourist season starting at 9 a.m. that day. Rain will not delay park cleanup.
For more information about the volunteer opportunity, contact Carol von Tersch at 785-883-2106 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- Wyandotte County deputy shot during robbery
- Douglas County to have townhall meeting on jail expansion
- Douglas County delegation to travel to San Antonio to look at ways to reduce jail time for mentally ill
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund