I-70/K-7 interchange approved for T-WORKS funding
The Interstate 70 and Kansas Highway 7 interchange in Bonner Springs will see close to $70 million in improvements, Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback announced today.
The project is one of nine road projects in northeast Kansas, estimated at about $1.8 billion, approved under the Kansas Department of Transportation program T-WORKS, passed by the 2010 Kansas Legislature.
Brownback’s announcement, made at the Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, Kan., completed a four-day, five-city tour to announce the selection of major highway expansion and modernization projects.
Go here and click on North East Project List to see a complete list of the approved projects.
• More of this story will be in the June 9 issue of The Chieftain.
More like this story
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Baldwin school board agenda for Tuesday, May 18
- Construction to close CR 1055 on March 23 north of Baldwin City
- Wellsville man accused of attacking, robbing man at Douglas County State Fishing Lake