NWS warns: Weekend will be hot
The National Weather Service has issued an excessive heat watch for the area. The watch goes into effect Friday afternoon, and is slated to last until Monday evening.
Temperatures during the weekend heat watch could reach as high as 100 degrees. Factoring in humidity, heat indices will be between 105 and 110 degrees.
The NWS (and we) would like to remind everyone that exposure to these high temperatures and humidities can lead to heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Remember to drink plenty of water and to take rest breaks in the shade.
Counties affected by the watch include:
More like this story
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Kansas allows driver's license changes for same-sex spouses
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas allowing concealed guns in Statehouse without permit