Bulldogs defeat Braves in Top Gun semifinal
WELLSVILLE — Free throws helped the Baldwin High girls’ basketball team win a physical Top Gun Tournament semifinal game.
The Bulldogs defeated Bonner Springs 58-45 Tuesday evening in the Top Gun semifinals. The Bulldogs made 18 of 25 free throws, while the Braves sank five of 14 foul shots.
Four Bulldogs scored in double figures. Seniors Allison Howard and Ramie Burkhart scored 13 points apiece. Senior Myranda Behrens and sophomore Monica Howard added 12 and 10 points each.
Junior Yessenia Hernandez and sophomore Anna Deegan led the Braves with 11 points each.
Baldwin will play the winner of the Spring Hill/Saint Marys game that followed the Bulldogs/Braves contest. Bonner Springs will play the loser of the other game at 5 p.m. with the championship to follow at 7 p.m. Saturday.
B — 10 15 16 17 - 58
BS — 4 14 10 17 – 45
Baldwin — Allison Howard, 13; Ramie Burkhart, 13; Myranda Behrens, 12; Katie Jones, 6; Kailyn Smith, 4; Monica Howard, 10.
Bonner Springs — Yessenia Hernandez, 11; Erica Smith, 9; Halley Hoffine, 6; Emily Wilson, 4; Erin Marx, 2; Erica Wilson, 2; Anna Deegan, 11.
More like this story
- Douglas County will create a public building commission
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Brownback supports rural incentives program amid skepticism
- Four possible parking lot sites near BJHS/BHS campus reviewed
- Baldwin City Planning Commission recommends rezoning of old middle school