BHS cruises past Top Gun host Wellsville
WELLSVILLE — For the 21st consecutive year, the Baldwin High School girls’ basketball team has won its opening round game of the Top Gun Tournament.
The Bulldogs sank 10 three-pointers en route to an easy 67-33 win over Top Gun host Wellsville. Four Bulldogs scored in double figures as Allison Howard led the team with 16 points.
Baldwin will play Bonner Springs at 5:15 p.m. Thursday in the semifinals.
B — 13 26 22 6 – 67
W — 11 2 5 15 – 33
Baldwin — Kaitlyn Barnes, 2; Allison Howard, 16; Kaitlin Jorgensen, 2; Ramie Burkhart, 8; Myranda Behrens, 14; Katie Jones, 10; Kailyn Smith, 11; Jessie Katzer, 2; Monica Howard, 2.
Wellsville — Darcy Bonzo, 6; Shambre’ Koehn, 10; Erica McTaggart, 10; Katelyn Barthol, 2; Katie Gloshen, 5.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Hand-sewn quilt reflects history of Lecompton
- Baldwin City to pick 3 council members, 4 board members in Tuesday's election
- Former Baker president honored for role in bringing university chapel from England