Bulldogs finish BIT runner-up again
Baldwin High School’s boys’ basketball team has now finished runner-up in its tournament three consecutive years.
On Saturday evening, the Bulldogs fell to Bonner Springs 60-41 in the championship game. It was the second straight year the Braves beat the Bulldogs for the Baldwin Invitational Tournament title.
Bonner Springs fed off of a 22-1 run during the first half to put Baldwin away early. Bonner Springs led by 20 points at halftime and the Bulldogs never cut the lead to fewer than 16 points in the second half.
Justin Vander Tuig and Chad Berg made the all-tournament for Baldwin.
BS — 14 21 16 9 – 60
B — 8 7 15 11 – 41
Bonner Springs — Stevie Williams, 7; Ivory Elijah, 1; BJ Watson, 13; Jourdaine Smallwood, 3; Juan Pichardo, 16; Camron Callahn, 2; JJ Jackson, 4; Joseph Dooley, 4; Nick Carver, 2; Brett Steuart, 8.
Baldwin — Chad Berg, 4; Kyle Pattrick, 7; Britton Schroeder, 4; Cornell Brown, 4; Chip Kueffer, 2; Tyler Cawley, 1; Caleb Gaylord, 5; Dayton Valentine, 4; Justin Vander Tuig, 10.
More like this story
- Topeka woman killed when bicycle hit by truck
- Baldwin City prepares for Friday arrival of 880 bicyclists
- Potential pilot program could make recycling easier for residents in unincorporated Douglas County
- Hand-sewn quilt reflects history of Lecompton
- Kansas secretary of state clerk sues over termination