County fire crews responding to fire near Lone Star Lake; additional grass fire reported in area
Emergency crews are responding to a two-alarm structure fire in the 700 block of East 661 Diagonal Road, near Lone Star Lake.
Smoke and occasional flames were observable from the road and multiple departments were on scene.
The call regarding the fire came in around 2:15 p.m. As of 3:45 p.m., crews were still working at the scene.
The fire started as a grass fire, but spread to buildings near the site of the fire, according to information provided on the emergency scanner.
At around 4:25 p.m., emergency dispatchers received reports of another grass fire in the 2300 block of N. 600 Road, which is just southwest of Clinton Lake. According to dispatchers, the grass fire was about an acre large and heading west, though it was not heading toward a structure at this point.
More like this story
- Helicopter dispatched to horse-related accident near Vinland
- Emergency crews responding to second Douglas County accident
- Motorcyclist life-flighted after single vehicle accident near Douglas County Lake
- Searchers recover body of Tonganoxie man, 30, from Lone Star Lake in southern Douglas County
- Driver flown to KU hospital after one-vehicle accident