Hospitality industry orientation event is Jan. 13 in Leavenworth
An orientation for individuals interested in careers in the hospitality industry will start at 10 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 13 at the Kansas City Kansas Community College Leavenworth Center, 225 Cherokee in downtown Leavenworth.
The orientation will provide an overview of the college’s Hospitality Education And Retail Training program, which is of no cost to participants.
In addition to learning about the hospitality program scheduled to begin in February at the Leavenworth Center, students will have the opportunity to meet current industry professionals and learn of future employment opportunities in the growing hospitality industry in the area. Successful completion of the program can lead to certification from the American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute.
The program is funded through a grant from the U.S. Department of Labor so there is no cost to students. However, pre-enrollment is required by calling 913-288-7660 or by enrolling online at www.kckcc.edu.
More like this story
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- Musings from the Hill, March 19
- Baldwin City to work with owners of unsafe electrical meters
- Tax amnesty for Kansans begins on Tuesday
- Eudora seeks county funding for paramedics, ambulance; sheriff requests funds for corrections