USD 348 cancels Thursday’s classes, activities
For the third-straight day, USD 348 Superintendent Paul Dorathy has canceled classes for the entire Baldwin School District. There will be no classes on Thursday for USD 348 because of inclement weather.
Baldwin is one of many area school districts, which have canceled Thursday’s classes. Thursday’s cancellation will be the third consecutive snow day for the school district, which will have used two more snow days than were scheduled into the 2010-2011 calendar.
The cancellation of school has affected some activities scheduled for Thursday. Some of those were already postponed from earlier snow days. They affected activities are:
Baldwin High School basketball games at Ottawa will be postponed for a second time. BHS wrestling dual versus Santa Fe Trail will be canceled. Baldwin Junior High School’s eighth-grade boys’ basketball game is also canceled. No make-up dates have been set for any of these events.
BHS was also scheduled to participate in the regional scholar’s bowl event at Spring Hill. The scholar’s bowl event will be moved to Friday if all of the schools are able to attend.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The debut of KC Ballet's new 'Nutcracker' and other family activities
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Baker Edition: Baker designated Tree Campus USA
- Kansas Aviation Museum seeking new director