KDOT urges drivers to stay home, off roads
White-out conditions, freezing wind chills and blowing snow have caused the Kansas Department of Transportation to issue a winter storm alert as of 3:30 this afternoon.
All drivers in northeast Kansas, which includes Johnson, Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties, are urged to stay home and stay off the highways due to conditions that have now become hazardous.
Officials with KDOT say roads are becoming impassable and dangerous for any type of travel, even short distances. These conditions will only get worse over the next several hours.
More like this story
- Baldwin High girls soccer advances in post-season
- Six Baldwin HIgh School players named to Frontier League post-season teams
- Baldwin headed to state with record 10 wrestlers
- Baldwin High School boys and girls track team win season-opening meets
- State champion Bulldogs have three wrestlers named to LJW team