Baker men advance to first-ever NAIA Final Four
ORANGE BEACH, Ala. – The Baker University men’s soccer team is headed to its first-ever NAIA Men’s Soccer National Championship Semifinal game after defeating Grand View (Iowa), 3-1 on Wednesday evening.
Nick Aguilar put the Wildcats on the scoreboard first just 13 minutes into the contest after receiving a ball from Andy Griffin. Grand View answered late in the first half after Lucas Heitor-Piffer evened the score at 1-1 on a penalty kick.
Coming out of the break, Odaine Sinclair netted a goal on an assist from Cameron Zimmerman in the 53rd minute. Just five minutes later Tom Lowndes responded with another strike on a ball from Nick Ebmeyer to ultimately seal the game for the Wildcats.
Baker (20-1-1) outshot Grand View (Iowa) 14-11 overall and 3-1 on goal.
The Wildcats move on to face No. 1 Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) at 6 p.m. Saturday with a chance at advancing to the NAIA Men’s Soccer National Championship Game.
More like this story
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Severe Weather Awareness Week approaches; Douglas County prepares
- Baldwin City Council candidate profiles
- Douglas County delegation to travel to San Antonio to look at ways to reduce jail time for mentally ill