BHS principal, boys basketball head coach hired
Two Baldwin High School openings were filled today when the USD 348 Board of Education met in a Monday morning meeting.
Rob McKim was hired as the BHS Principal. McKim is the assistant principal at Fort Scott High School. He was one of six candidates that were interviewed out of the 40 applicants.
McKim will replace Shaun Moseman as BHS Principal. Moseman resigned last month after five years at BHS.
The other hire was Dustin Leochner as the BHS boys’ basketball head coach. Leochner is a boys’ assistant basketball coach at Free State High School. He was one of 15 to 20 candidates that applied for the opening.
Leochner will replace Eric Toot as the boys’ head basketball coach. Toot resigned as head coach after five years with the program. Baldwin High’s assistant coaches, Chad Scoby and Jason Crowder, also resigned in March. Those positions will be filled in the near future, but BHS administrators wanted to fill the head coaching vacancy first.
There will be full stories on both hires in Thursday’s Signal.
More like this story
- Fort Scott assistant principal lands Baldwin High top job
- Free State assistant lands BHS boys' basketball head coaching job
- IPad use now integral at Baldwin High School
- Baldwin High School looking for new boys basketball coach with Leochner's resignation
- New BHS principals ready to start school year