Baldwin City man hospitalized after accident on U.S. Highway 56
A 70-year-old Baldwin City man is hospitalized in Topeka after a one vehicle rollover accident that occurred Sunday afternoon on U.S. Highway 56 about 10 miles west of Baldwin City.
A Kansas Highway Patrol report said Vernon L. Christian fell asleep at 2:25 p.m. while driving his 2001 Chevrolet truck east on U.S. 56. The truck, which was pulling a trailer, drifted into the south ditch, where Christian lost control and rolled onto its driver’s side.
Christian was taken to Stormont-Vail Healthcare in Topeka, where a hospital spokeswoman said Monday his family had not authorized her to release an update on his condition. The KHP report said Christian was not wearing his seat belt.
More like this story
- Topeka man injured in one-vehicle accident Sunday on U.S. 56
- Baldwin City teen suffers minor injuries in rollover
- Accident sends 17-year-old Baldwin City girl to KU Med
- One person suffers minor injuries after rollover accident in southern Douglas County
- One ejected, hospitalized after roll-over accident on U.S. 56