Harris, Chapman, Christie, Wedel win Baldwin City School Board positions
Tony Wedel earned the at-large position on the Baldwin City School Board with 423 votes, which was 42.9 percent of the total. Wedel defeated Joshua Mihesuah (352 votes) and Robin Bayer (211).
Nick Harris defeated Shawn Nelson 610-354 to fill the District 1 position on the city’s school board. Sandy Chapman edged out Ed Kite 431-428 to take the District 2 position. John Dunbar finished last in that race with 125 votes. The District 3 position went to Chad Christie, who defeated Slade Dillon 562-430.
Results remain unofficial until certified by Douglas County commissioners, who meet at 9 a.m. Monday to review vote totals and consider 107 provisional ballots.
Baldwin City School Board District 1: Nick Harris has won with 63.3 percent.
Baldwin City School Board District 2: Sandy Chapman has won with 43.8 percent.
Baldwin City School Board District 3: Chad Christie has won with 56.7 percent.
Baldwin City School Board At-Large position: Tony Wedel has won with 42.9 percent.
More like this story
- Musing from the Hill, March 26
- Baldwin High School Class of 2015 members told they were 'strongest' class ever
- Baldwin High School senior to graduate 2 1/2 years after massive stoke
- BHS student among Lawrence Journal-World's academic all-stars
- Baker University's first Kauffman Scholar looking to give back