Lumberyard Arts Center Blues and Barbecue set for Saturday
Baldwin City’s seventh annual Blues and Barbecue is back this year, but there is one small change to Saturday’s event.
After moving outside last year, committee members are moving the event back inside. It will be inside the Lumberyard Arts Center and will run from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday. The LAC is located on the northwest corner of Eighth and High streets.
“We will be showing off the inside of the building,” said Linda Ballinger, committee member. “Weather won’t be a problem. Come rain or shine, we will be there.”
The usual barbecue meal will be served, along with refreshments. The cost is $10 for adults and $5 for children younger than age 5.
Two bands will provide the evening’s musical entertainment. They are Headshandsfeat and Soul’d Out. The bands will be playing near the main entrance of the building, so anyone attending is asked to enter through the west side of the LAC.
The funds from the Blues and Barbecue will go toward refurbishing the LAC.
“We have raised the money for the front half of the building,” Ballinger said. “That’s been completed. Now we are trying to raise funds for the back half, which is going to be the theater.”
More like this story
- Baker gallery to feature campus life captured through PR director's lens
- Baldwin City Council agenda, Feb. 16, 2015
- Douglas County commissioners reach consensus on 2016 budget; property taxes to remain constant
- New Lawrence Journal World managing editor has Baldwin City ties
- Baldwin City Council agenda, March 2