Baldwin High School senior named National Merit Scholar ‘commended student’
Baldwin High School senior Ann Wallsmith has been named a commended student in the 2011 National Merit Scholarship Program.
About 34,000 commended students throughout the nation are being recognized for their exceptional academic promise.
Although they will not continue in the 2011 competition for National Merit Scholarships, commended students placed among the top 5 percent of more than 1.5 million students who entered the 2011 competition.
“Recognition of high achieving students is essential to advancing educational excellence in our nation,” a National Merit spokesperson said.
More like this story
- New Kansas schools plan has funds for budget emergencies
- Douglas County will create a public building commission
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas school funding dispute heading back to high court
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament