Joslyn leads BHS soccer to 2-0 win
Louis Joslyn came close to scoring a pair of goals early in Thursday’s home Frontier League contest against Paola.
His luck changed with 10 minutes remaining in the first half.
The Baldwin High School junior received a pass from freshman Duncan Murray. One kick later, Joslyn’s shot rolled passed the Panthers’ goalkeeper. That was the first of his two goals as Baldwin (5-2-1) beat Paola 2-0.
“The win feels pretty good,” Joslyn said. “It’s always nice to win at home. We are still undefeated at home this season.”
Joslyn next scored during the middle of the second half on a corner kick. His kick bounced off of the goalkeeper and into the net, giving Baldwin a 2-0 lead.
The Bulldogs’ defense kept the Panthers scoreless to win their third game in the last four contests.
“It felt great to get that first goal,” Joslyn said. “I had a couple shots early that I just missed. Duncan gave me a great ball and I put it past the goalie.”
Baldwin will play host to Spring Hill at 4 p.m. Tuesday.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers working on plan to issue pension bonds
- Kansas Board of Education to examine school laws, bonds
- Four possible parking lot sites near BJHS/BHS campus reviewed
- Baldwin school district partnering with Greenbush in virtual program
- Baldwin City council hears updates on quality-of-life projects