Senior citizen employment Expo upcoming
Job seekers looking for aging-friendly employers are welcome to attend the 4th Annual Senior Employment Expo from 9 a.m. to noon Thursday, Sept. 23, at the Douglas County Senior Center, 745 Vermont St. in Lawrence
Representatives from local businesses will be in attendance to meet with older adults seeking employment.
Concurrent workshops will also be conducted for job seekers, from 10 to 10:45 a.m. and from 11 to 11:45 a.m. Jan Stewart from Office Helpline will present on job hunting skills, and Alice Brewer from The World Company will present on how to utilize social networking websites for the job hunt. Throughout the morning, members of the Jayhawk Chapter of the Society of Human Resource Management will review resumes in one-on-one sessions.
Attendees should bring copies of their resumes and dress in business attire. For more information please contact Douglas County Senior Services at (785) 842-0543, or toll free at (877) 295-3277.
More like this story
- Baldwin High School boys and girls track team win season-opening meets
- Six Baldwin HIgh School players named to Frontier League post-season teams
- Baldwin track athletes compete against best at KU Relays
- Baldwin High School track athletes prove among elite
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund