Road work hits ‘back way’ to Lawrence, too
Motorists taking the “back way” to and from Baldwin City will have to make adjustments after road work started along the stretch Tuesday.
Crews will be doing pavement milling and overlay work on County Roads 1055, 458 and 460 for most of the month of September. Keith Browning, director of public works for Douglas County, said the work is expected to be done by Sept. 24, but is dependent on weather. He advised motorists to avoid the stretch when possible.
The work is scheduled to start at 458 at County Road 1500, go east to County Road 1600, then south on 1055, then back east on 460 through the Vinland area to County Road 1057.
Traffic will be controlled with flaggers and a pilot vehicle and motorists should expect significant delays through the project area, he said.
More like this story
- Baldwin High School boys and girls track team win season-opening meets
- Baldwin High School track athletes prove among elite
- Kobach says Kansas attracted most new businesses since 2003
- Six Baldwin HIgh School players named to Frontier League post-season teams
- Baldwin High School track teams open season today