Severe thunderstorm warning issued for southern Douglas County
The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for southern Douglas County until 5:15 p.m.
The storm is capable of producing quarter-sized hail and damaging winds in excess of 70 mph.
The storm was located 9 miles southeast of Carbondale, moving east at 45 mph.
Baldwin City is expected to be in the path of the storm.
More like this story
- Baldwin to play Girard in first round of state tourney
- Baldwin headed to state with record 10 wrestlers
- No. 7 Baker ends tournament run, 52-47, against OBU
- Baldwin High School wrestling coach teaches success on mat while building long-lasting bonds
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books