1 person flown to Children’s Mercy Hospital after single-vehicle accident near Wellsville
One person was airlifted to an area hospital Monday evening after a one-vehicle accident in the 2100 block of N. 100 Rd., near Wellsville.
Chelse O'Connor, a 14-year-old Wellsville resident, was transported in a Life Eagle helicopter to a Kansas City-area hospital with life-threatening injuries.
The two other occupants, 17-year-old Rantoul resident William Qualls Jr. and 14-year-old Wellsville resident Kayla St. Denis, were treated at the scene for minor injuries.
Kansas Highway Patrol troopers joined Douglas County Sheriff's deputies as well as Lawrence Douglas County Fire & Medical and Palmyra Township Fire Department crews at the scene of the accident.
More like this story
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Kansas Senate to consider tax increases to close budget gap
- Time running out for Uber compromise, Kansas senator says
- Ex-lawmaker faces sentencing for fraud to finance campaign