De Soto woman killed, at least one other person injured, in accident on K-10 between Eudora, De Soto Monday night
One person was killed and another person was injured in an accident on Kansas Highway 10 in far western Johnson County about 10:30 Monday night, the Kansas Highway Patrol said.
Dora Henning, a 76-year-old De Soto woman, was driving her Buick LeSabre eastbound in the westbound lanes of K-10 when she collided with 41-year-old Refujio Gomez-Ruiz, of Kansas City. Henning had been driving the wrong way for several miles when she came over a hill and struck Gomez-Ruiz's Ford Windstar head-on.
Henning died at the scene, while Gomez-Ruiz was transported to a Kansas City-area hospital with injuries from the accident. His condition was not available early Tuesday morning.
The accident happened just minutes after another accident in eastern Douglas County, near Eudora, where a car was run off the road by a wrong way driver
The driver only suffered minor injuries and the Johnson and Douglas county officials were investigating whether Henning was the wrong way driver in that incident as well. Additional information on the Douglas County accident was not available Monday night.
Portions of westbound K-10 were shut down from De Soto to Eudora for several hours as crews investigated the two accident scenes.
More like this story
- Kansas Highway Patrol identifies Eudora woman, Missouri man as two injured in Thursday's K-10 accident, near DeSoto
- Injury accidents gnarl traffic on three highways
- Deadly accident spurs calls to make K-10 safer
- Kansas Highway Patrol investigates whether drugs contributed to double-fatality Saturday afternoon on K-10
- One killed in Baldwin Junction wreck