Delays expected on two roads in area
Douglas County motorists should be aware of two road projects underway this week.
On Wednesday, Lawrence street maintenance crews will begin working on a striping project along North Second and Third streets that will start at the railroad underpass and end at the turnpike entrance. From 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., crews will keep one lane of traffic opened in each direction.
At 8 a.m. Thursday, the Kansas Department of Transportation will close County Road 458, also known as North 1000 Road, just east of U. S. Highway 59. The road will reopen at 5 p.m. Friday. There will be no detour around the intersection or alternative intersection for U.S. Highway 59 and North 1000 Road.
Crews will be installing a culvert across North 1000 Road and setting girders for a new interchange bridge as part of the U.S. Highway 59 freeway construction project
More like this story
- Baldwin High School musicans chill on State Honor Band experience
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Kansas House passes bill to authorize $1.5B in pension bonds
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament