Rollover accident on K-10 between Lawrence, Eudora sends one person to hospital with serious injuries
One person was seriously injured when an eastbound vehicle wrecked on Kansas Highway 10 between Lawrence and Eudora Sunday night.
The patient had to be extricated from the vehicle.
The car rolled several times before coming to rest off the side of the road, up a hill, several dozen feet from the roadway.
A helicopter ambulance was dispatched to the scene and a landing zone was setup in the East Hills Business Park. A LifeStar helicopter wasn't available, however, and the next closest helicopter was going to be at least 30 minutes away.
Ultimately, the patient was taken to a Kansas City-area hospital via ground ambulance.
Units from Lawrence Douglas County Fire and Medical, Wakarusa Township Fire Department, Douglas County Sheriff's deputies and Kansas Highway Patrol troopers responded to the incident.
More like this story
- 86-year-old man dies in single-engine plane crash near Pratt
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- Baldwin City Council approves first reading of proposed sewer rate increases
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown