BHS girls’ tennis players ready for regionals
Baldwin High School’s girls’ tennis team had its final warm-up before the Class 4A regional tournament begins Friday in Topeka.
The Bulldogs competed in a quad at Gardner-Edgerton. As a team, the Bulldogs won the meet. In singles competition, senior Kara Protasio (No. 1 singles) placed third while sophomore Kaitlin Jorgensen won the No. 2 singles round.
Senior Michaela Krysztof and junior Alison Berg finished runner-up as the No. 1 doubles team. Juniors Hayley Schwartz and Kara Hoegerl placed first as the No. 2 doubles team for BHS.
The Bulldogs also won the Bonner Springs tournament, which featured eight teams, last week. Protasio and Jorgensen placed third and fourth, respectively, in singles action. Both doubles teams finished runner-up at the Bonner Springs tournament.
Baldwin will be competing in the 4A regional tournament this weekend. The top six singles and doubles players advance to the state tournament, which will be October 15-16.
More like this story
- Baker University doctoral candidate awarded Fulbright Scholarship
- Baldwin City purchasing right to provide electrical service to industrial park
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan