20-year-old woman injured in two-vehicle wreck on U.S. Highway 59
A 20-year-old Lawrence woman was injured in a two-vehicle accident Thursday afternoon on U.S. Highway 59 three miles south of Lawrence.
According to the Kansas Highway Patrol report, the woman, Kayleigh C. Schneider, became distracted by papers blowing out the window of her northbound 1998 Ford Taurus. The car then crossed into the southbound lane and struck a 2000 Chevrolet truck.
It happened about 12:45 p.m. Thursday. The driver of the truck, 42-year-old Karmen Zabala, of Baldwin City, was not injured.
Schneider was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital. Both drivers were wearing their seat belts, according to the accident report.
Traffic was blocked in both directions for more than an hour as investigators tried to determine what had happened.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)