Baker women’s soccer advances to HAAC finals
LAMONI, Iowa – The Baker University women’s soccer team kept its momentum rolling on Wednesday evening when it defeated Graceland University in the Heart of America Athletic Conference (HAAC) Semifinals to move on to the championship game Friday evening against William Jewell College.
After playing a scoreless first half, things got interesting in the second half.
Ana Linares of Graceland put the Yellowjackets on the scoreboard first when she scored on a ball from Chelsea Phillips in the 67th minute. Just over 10 minutes later, Christine Janssens gave the Wildcats the equalizer in the 78th minute on a ball from Jordan Dolbin.
Two overtime periods later and things still weren’t decided between the conference foes. Baker won the game on penalty kicks 3-2.
The Wildcats (10-5-4 overall) handed No. 1-seeded Graceland University (15-1-2 overall) just its second tie of the season.
William Jewell College (14-1-2), and the No. 2 overall seed in the tournament tied Baker earlier in the season 2-2 in Liberty, Mo.
Game time is set for 7 p.m. in Liberty, Mo.
More like this story
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Douglas County to have townhall meeting on jail expansion
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good
- Douglas County delegation to travel to San Antonio to look at ways to reduce jail time for mentally ill