Emergency crews respond to early morning fire
Emergency crews responded early Sunday morning to reports of a house fire in Baldwin City.
Crews were dispatched to the 200 block of Dearborn Street about 1:43 a.m. in reference to the fire. Units arriving on scene advised the two occupants of the residence had been evacuated and were not injured in the fire.
Douglas County emergency dispatchers advised the home was fully engulfed. Allen Craig, Baldwin City fire chief, said one firefighter was transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation, but was released shortly after.
More like this story
- Sunday morning fire destroys Baldwin City home
- Cat fight wakes couple before house fire
- Icy roads lead to rollover accident on County Road 1055; more ice possible through overnight hours
- Sunday morning accident lands Baldwin City man in hospital
- Driver flown to KU hospital after one-vehicle accident