Search of vehicle leads to arrest of Baldwin City man south of Lawrence
A 29-year-old Baldwin man was arrested by the Douglas County Sheriff’s office on multiple charges, including possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia, possession of stolen property and obstruction of the legal process.
He was arrested on U.S. Highway 59 in Douglas County Tuesday afternoon after authorities searched his vehicle.
Douglas County Sheriff's Deputies and Lawrence police officers were dispatched to Highway 59 near Douglas County Road 460, or near the former location of the Zarco 66 Station.
Authorities pulled over the driver of a red vehicle. Undersheriff Steve Hornberger says the driver was arrested on several outstanding warrants.
A witness at the scene said contraband was taken from the vehicle.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes
- Baldwin school board approves raises for classified staff, adminstrators
- Kansas state workers could be furloughed if budget delayed
- Kansas Senate can't pass tax plan, despite looming threats