Flood watch extended to include Douglas County
A flood watch has been extended to include Douglas County beginning at 1 p.m. Wednesday.
A slow moving storm is expected to move into the area this morning and early afternoon and linger over the area through Thursday, the National Weather Service said in its flood watch.
Because of the heavy rain that has fallen through the area in recent days, the additional moisture is expected to raise river levels and cause other flooding.
Check back to baldwincity.com for updates.
More like this story
- Baldwin City purchasing right to provide electrical service to industrial park
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Baldwin girls finish strong, 'pumped' for post-season
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives