Baldwin City woman recovering from Sunday accident
A Baldwin City woman who was injured in an accident early Sunday morning has been upgraded to fair condition. The accident happened on U.S. Highway 59 near Pleasant Grove.
Douglas County Undersheriff Steve Hornberger said a truck failed to make a turn while traveling southbound on U.S. 59. It hit at least one fence and rolled over in a field.
Both the driver and the passenger were ejected from the vehicle. The driver was identified as Cassandra R. Mayo, 26, Baldwin City. The passenger was Calvin Coleman Jr., 29, Baldwin City.
Mayo was flown by air ambulance to Kansas University Hospital in critical condition. Coleman was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital with nonlife-threatening injuries. He was treated and released from the hospital Sunday.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Marijuana refugee returns to Baldwin City to advocate for limited use of drug
- Lumberyard Arts Center schedules full slate of classes
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises