Two injured in accident on U.S. Highway 59
Two people were injured in a vehicle accident early Sunday morning. One of the patients was taken to a Kansas City area hospital with serious injuries.
The accident happened early Sunday morning near Pleasant Grove.
Douglas County undersheriff Steve Hornberger said a truck failed to make a turn while traveling southbound on Highway 59. It hit at least one fence and rolled over in a field.
Both the driver and the passenger were ejected from the vehicle. The driver was identified as Cassandra R. Mayo, 26, Baldwin City. The passenger is Calvin Coleman Jr., 29, Baldwin City.
Mayo was flown by air ambulance to a Kansas City hospital in critical condition. Coleman was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital with nonlife-threatening injuries. He was treated and released from the hospital Sunday.
More like this story
- Severe Weather Awareness Week approaches; Douglas County prepares
- PAC available for Baldwin City community tornado shelter but users asked to follow rules
- Sirens failed to sound in Nickerson as tornado hit area
- Kansas university finds creative way to test drones outside
- Coffeyville weathers Amazon job losses better than expected