Police chief warns residents, parents about suspicious man offering rides to children
Baldwin City Police Chief Greg Neis wants to alert the community about a person who was offering rides to children after school Thursday.
A woman from the 300 block of Baker Street called police after hearing the man offer rides to children. There isn’t much of a description, but Neis said it was an unknown bearded white male driving an unknown white car who was asking the children if they needed a ride.
“Be on the lookout for anything strange and give us a call,” said Neis. “Also, reinforce to the kids not to get into a stranger’s car.”
The call Thursday wasn’t made until 15 minutes after the man had left the area. The police department’s phone number is 594-3850.
More like this story
- Report: Nearly 1 in 3 young U.S. adults too fat for military
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- New natural gas extractions plant operating in Kansas
- Jury to weigh death sentence for man in Jewish site killings
- Man convicted in Jewish site killings is sentenced to death