Neighbors: Lauren Grieb
Name: Lauren Grieb
Occupation: Graphic Designer
Family: Steve, Carol (both in Lawrence) and Owen Grieb (in Tokyo)
Place of birth: Denville, NJ
Q. How long have you lived in Baldwin City and what brought you
A. Almost two years. I moved here to be closer to family.
Q. What's the biggest risk you've ever taken?
A. Running alone after my swim coach at the shore in New Jersey when I was 6. He was a good mile ahead of me. My mom's kept me pretty risk-averse since that incident!
Q. What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given?
A. “Be good and have fun” – from my dad.
Q. What two things would you want people to know about you?
A. I love Coy Wayne Weege and I play a pretty mean croquet game.
Q. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A. An architect - but I went with graphic design, because it's a quicker process.
Q. What's the best way for you to get away from it all?
A. On my back porch with Coy and a bottle of wine
Q. What's your ideal vacation spot?
A. The Jersey Shore - it’s nothing like the show.
Song: Billy Joel - The Downeaster Alexa
Movie: Immortal Beloved
More like this story
- Douglas County will create a public building commission
- Kansas farm experts plan webinar on crop insurance
- City government organization hosts April voting contest
- Brown, Bauer, Simmons elected to Baldwin City Council; Christie re-elected to school board
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place