Baldwin City teenager injured in one-vehicle wreck on county road
A 17-year-old Baldwin City boy was taken to the hospital after a one-car rollover wreck Monday evening on a Douglas County gravel road between Lawrence and Eudora.
Douglas County Sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. Steve Lewis said Jonathan Murry was taken by Lawrence-Douglas County Fire Medical workers to Lawrence Memorial Hospital after the 6 p.m. wreck on North 1275 Road near East 2000 Road. Murry’s injuries were not believed to be life threatening, Lewis said.
According to the accident report, Murry was a passenger in a 1995 Buick car driven by Amanda Faulkner, 18, of Eudora. Lewis said Faulkner lost control of the vehicle on the curve. The car went into the ditch, struck a tree and fence and then rolled.
Both were wearing their seat belts, and the car’s air bags deployed. Faulkner was not injured.
Lewis said officers cited Faulkner for driving at an unsafe speed on a curve and violating her driver’s license restrictions by not wearing her glasses.
More like this story
- Baldwin district to survey parents about increased in-town busing fee
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise
- Baldwin board, council oppose proposed changes to local elections
- Block grant proposal would cost Baldwin schools $100,000
- Timely bond refinance to help Baldwin district deal with block grant cuts