Bake sale for Haiti nets $366
Garrett England’s plan to raise money for Haiti with a bake sale was a big success Saturday, despite yet another snow storm that snarled the city.
Garrett, 9, a fourth grader at Baldwin Elementary School Intermediate Center, raised $366 that will go to help the earthquake-ravaged country.
He took the money to the Red Cross headquarters on Tuesday.
Garrett had help with his efforts and easily surpassed his goal of making $70 to $80.
More like this story
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Brownback wants more highway patrol officers
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- KCC workers opt to leave civil service for pay raises
- Kansas House soundly rejects plan to avert steep budget cuts