Bake sale for Haiti nets $366
Garrett England’s plan to raise money for Haiti with a bake sale was a big success Saturday, despite yet another snow storm that snarled the city.
Garrett, 9, a fourth grader at Baldwin Elementary School Intermediate Center, raised $366 that will go to help the earthquake-ravaged country.
He took the money to the Red Cross headquarters on Tuesday.
Garrett had help with his efforts and easily surpassed his goal of making $70 to $80.
More like this story
- Kansas clergy says refugee order violates religious liberty
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Agencies expanding capacity for domestic violence victims
- Brownback wants more highway patrol officers
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts