Winter storm watch in effect for Douglas County Friday night
The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a winter storm watch effective Friday evening through Sunday morning.
A strong cold front pushing through the area is expected to dump some precipitation on Douglas County. The precipitation should start as rain Friday afternoon, changing over to snow into the evening hours. The majority of the snow is expected to fall between late Friday night and early Sunday morning.
A total of six inches of snow is possible in the area as the storm works its way through. Winds are also expected to pick up, gusting to as much as 35 miles per hour.
The heavy snow combined with strong winds could make travel hazardous.
More like this story
- Coach confident wins on way for Baldwin High School soccer team
- Baldwin High School athletes spring success earns them LJW honors
- Baldwin girls win soccer program's first-ever win against Piper
- Baldwin City woman accused of sex crimes against Lawrence boy
- Baldwin High School boys and girls track team win season-opening meets