Bake sale for Haiti is Saturday
Garrett England, 9, came up with a sweet idea to help out Haiti.
The fourth grader at Baldwin Elementary School Intermediate Center is putting on a bake sale Saturday to raise funds for the earthquake-ravaged country. The sale will be from noon to 4:30 p.m. at Santa Fe Market.
In addition to Garrett’s goodies, there are 20 others who have lined up to provide various baked goods. They will include cookies, muffins, brownies, cake, bread, Rice Krispie treats, lemon bars and others.
More like this story
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- Baldwin High School senior to graduate 2 1/2 years after massive stoke
- Baker University's first Kauffman Scholar looking to give back
- Baker biology professor's tree climbing summer reseach program funded for another 3 years
- Baker University doctoral candidate awarded Fulbright Scholarship