Signal wins 17 Kansas Press Association awards
The Kansas Press Association announced the results of the Awards of Excellence contest today and the Baldwin City Signal won 17, including seven first-place awards.
First-place finishes were in: News Photo (Jimmy Gillispie); Editorial Writing (Jeff Myrick); Entertainment Ad (Jill Underwood); Healthcare Ad (Underwood); Professional Service Ad (Underwood); Sports Column Writing (Gillispie); and Sports Pages (Gillispie).
Second-place awards were: Feature Package (Myrick); Best Front Page (Myrick); Adaptable Promotion (Underwood); House Ad (Underwood); and News and Writing (Staff). Third-place awards were: Automotive Ad (Underwood); Editorial Pages (Myrick); Best Use of Photos (Staff); Feature Story (Gillispie); and Headline Writing (Myrick).
The 17 awards were one more than last year when the Signal won the Sweepstakes Award as the best paper in its division.
More like this story
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- Douglas County to have townhall meeting on jail expansion
- Douglas County to host town hall meeting on jail, mental health facility on Monday
- Eudora seeks county funding for paramedics, ambulance; sheriff requests funds for corrections
- Douglas County delegation to travel to San Antonio to look at ways to reduce jail time for mentally ill