Signal wins 17 Kansas Press Association awards
The Kansas Press Association announced the results of the Awards of Excellence contest today and the Baldwin City Signal won 17, including seven first-place awards.
First-place finishes were in: News Photo (Jimmy Gillispie); Editorial Writing (Jeff Myrick); Entertainment Ad (Jill Underwood); Healthcare Ad (Underwood); Professional Service Ad (Underwood); Sports Column Writing (Gillispie); and Sports Pages (Gillispie).
Second-place awards were: Feature Package (Myrick); Best Front Page (Myrick); Adaptable Promotion (Underwood); House Ad (Underwood); and News and Writing (Staff). Third-place awards were: Automotive Ad (Underwood); Editorial Pages (Myrick); Best Use of Photos (Staff); Feature Story (Gillispie); and Headline Writing (Myrick).
The 17 awards were one more than last year when the Signal won the Sweepstakes Award as the best paper in its division.
More like this story
- Douglas County Sheriff's Office receives $200,000 grant to help mentally ill
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- Douglas County to have townhall meeting on jail expansion
- Designs, cost estimates for potential Douglas County jail expansion may be ready by early next year
- Douglas County to host townhall meeting on jail expansion, mental health intervention center