Sheriff announces saturation patrol during Spring Break
Douglas County Sheriff's deputies announced they will amp up their patrols next week during spring break.
On Wednesday, March 17, officers will conduct a saturation patrol. Extra sheriff's deputies will be patrolling for impaired drivers, beginning at 7 p.m. through the rest of the night.
Sheriff's Sgt. Steve Lewis said officers also will be looking for drivers who are speeding and not following the state's seat belt and child restraint laws.
"The goal is to reduce the number of deaths, injuries and the economic cost resulting from motor vehicle crashes in Kansas," Lewis said.
More like this story
- Musings from the Hill, July 30, 2015
- Friend wants Lumberyard show to reflect Baldwin City artist's complexity
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction