Statewide tornado drill pushed back to Thursday
Citing the threat of actual severe weather Tuesday, the National Weather Service in Kansas has canceled the statewide tornado drill scheduled for that day.
The statewide tornado drill is typically a major part of Severe Weather Awareness Week, which runs through March 12 in Kansas.
The drill has been rescheduled for Thursday at 1:30 p.m.
The National Weather Service encourages Kansans to use Severe Weather Awareness Week as a opportunity to plan for an emergency at home and at work.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Baldwin to play Girard in first round of state tourney
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms