Statewide tornado drill pushed back to Thursday
Citing the threat of actual severe weather Tuesday, the National Weather Service in Kansas has canceled the statewide tornado drill scheduled for that day.
The statewide tornado drill is typically a major part of Severe Weather Awareness Week, which runs through March 12 in Kansas.
The drill has been rescheduled for Thursday at 1:30 p.m.
The National Weather Service encourages Kansans to use Severe Weather Awareness Week as a opportunity to plan for an emergency at home and at work.
More like this story
- Lumberyard Arts Center schedules full slate of classes
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Four possible parking lot sites near BJHS/BHS campus reviewed
- Lawrence-Douglas County health department to host measles vaccination clinics
- Deadline nears for Baldwin City Chamber of Commerce awards nomininations