Baker cancels planned tornado drill on Tuesday
Baker University has shelved a planned tornado drill Tuesday because of the potential threat of real severe weather.
Baker Spokesman Steve Rottinghaus said the decision was made Monday afternoon to cancel the tornado drill after the National Weather Service postponed a statewide tornado drill to Thursday. That was also done because of the threat or severe weather on Tuesday.
Rottinghaus said there will be an internal test of the university's severe weather warning system on Thursday, but there will not be a tornado drill.
More like this story
- Baldwin High School boys and girls track team win season-opening meets
- Baldwin cross country teams tune up for league meet the first-place Sabetha efforts
- Baldwin High School teams claim titles at season-opening cross country event
- Baldwin High School track teams claim Eudora titles
- Baldwin cross country teams sweep Frontier League titles