Baldwin City woman injured near LeLoup after her vehicle is struck by train
A Baldwin City woman was flown by helicopter ambulance after her vehicle was struck by a train around noon Friday near LeLoup in northeastern Franklin County.
Franklin County Sheriff Craig Davis said an eastbound Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad train hit the vehicle, which had pulled onto the tracks, at the Tennessee Road intersection. Craig said the woman, whose age was unknown, was flown to Kansas University Medical Center. She suffered broken bones and other non-life threatening injuries, according to someone close to the situation who didn’t want to be identified.
Traffic had to be routed around LeLoup for hours because the intersection was closed while law enforcement and railroad officials investigated the scene.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Four possible parking lot sites near BJHS/BHS campus reviewed
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Baldwin City Council candidates state views, define themselves at forum
- Popular downtown venue newest Baldwin City park