Severe thunderstorm watch issued for Douglas County until 10 p.m.
The National Weather Service issued a severe thunderstorm watch until 10 p.m. Wednesday for several Kansas counties, including Douglas.
Other counties included in the watch are Anderson, Bourbon, Coffey, Franklin, Johnson, Leavenworth, Linn, Miami, Osage and Wyandotte.
According to the weather service, there’s a chance for strong to severe thunderstorms across east central Kansas. The storms may be capable of producing damaging winds and hail. The thunderstorms are expected to be out of the area by late evening.
More like this story
- Baldwin City in severe thunderstorm watch
- Several northeast Kansas counties under severe thunderstorm watch
- Severe thunderstorm watch for area counties until 10 p.m.
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Douglas County; Tornado watch continues until 10 p.m.
- Thunderstorm watch until 3 a.m. and flash flood watch until 7 a.m. for select local counties