Severe thunderstorm watch issued for northeast Kansas until 3 a.m.
The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a severe thunderstorm watch effective until 3 a.m. for Douglas and surrounding counties. Hail and damaging winds are possible.
The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm watch for Douglas and all surrounding counties, in effect until 4 p.m. Saturday.
A watch means conditions are favorable for the development of storms with damaging winds, hail, or the possibility of tornados. According to the national weather service, there is a moderate risk of damaging winds and large to very large hail, and a low risk of tornadic activity associated with these storms.
Hail to 2.5 inches in diameter as well as wind gusts to 70 mph have been reported with a storm system moving east-southeast from central Nebraska.
Check baldwincity.com for updates.
More like this story
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Former Kansas superintendent and 2 others sue over firings
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- LJWorld.com GaDuGi Safe Center, Douglas County District Attorney's office to receive grant money