Severe thunderstorm watch issued for northeast Kansas until 3 a.m.
The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a severe thunderstorm watch effective until 3 a.m. for Douglas and surrounding counties. Hail and damaging winds are possible.
The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm watch for Douglas and all surrounding counties, in effect until 4 p.m. Saturday.
A watch means conditions are favorable for the development of storms with damaging winds, hail, or the possibility of tornados. According to the national weather service, there is a moderate risk of damaging winds and large to very large hail, and a low risk of tornadic activity associated with these storms.
Hail to 2.5 inches in diameter as well as wind gusts to 70 mph have been reported with a storm system moving east-southeast from central Nebraska.
Check baldwincity.com for updates.
More like this story
- Douglas County, surrounding area in tornado watch until 9 p.m.
- Baldwin City in severe thunderstorm watch
- Severe thunderstom warning issued for Douglas County
- Douglas County in high winds warning
- High wind warning issued for Douglas, surrounding counties; heavier storms expected to move through about 7 p.m.