Art Walk kickoff is Friday evening
There will be a new twist for the Baldwin Community Arts Council’s first Art Walk of the season from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in downtown Baldwin City.
“We are placing a twist on the big event happening the next day by calling ours Planes, Trains, Automobiles and Pottery Wheels,” said Tom Wilson, president of the BCAC. “We will have several potter wheels out for demonstration and will invite the public to give it a spin — pun intended.”
That will be done at other Art Walks this summer and mugs that are made will be used for the annual finale, Cuppa Java, in September.
In addition to that, the usual art will be on display by various local artists in the downtown area, including some businesses.
“We hope people come out and enjoy this family fun time and start the Father’s Day weekend with us,” said Wilson.
More like this story
- Billionaire buys Woodlands racing complex, but future fuzzy
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Valuation notices sent out to Douglas County property owners
- Douglas County commissioners reach consensus on 2016 budget; property taxes to remain constant
- Kansas lifts restrictions in 2 counties related to bird flu